termbook is a command-line tool and library designed to make your
mdbook documentation executable.
Thus you are advised to use the
mdbook command-line tool for everything that
termbook does not support, as it is essentially nothing more than an
clone with a custom preprocessor. The latter is not easily supported by
termbook can do a few unique things for you
- execute codeblocks
- This makes your documentation executable, with the output captured in their own codeblocks.
- That way your documentation never goes out of sync with reality, and allows you to build documentation as part of your test suite.
- playback books to the terminal
- This can be seen as 'eye-candy' generator, which is meant to be recorded with asciinema or similar tools.
- Generate videos without ever having to type out commands yourself, and keep them consistent with your documentation.